Welcome to official Aion Epic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Anonymous

Need better drop rate for firm mats Empty Need better drop rate for firm mats

Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:36 am
Edit 3: So even with 55% crit craft rate 5 blue->gold attempts = 1 gold which doesn't proc, so much time and and energy and money wasted. Taking the day off and not sure I will be back, this shit is so fucking disheartening and such a waste of my time as well as others that contributed. You need to increase the drop rates of these mats as the crit rate is abysmal and will continue to drive paying people away.

Title. I am a little sick of seeing more lvl 50 mats while grinding lvl 55 balaur. I would like to see more drops of firm material and to get rid of the chance to drop the solid mats with the exception of the bloods.For example I've been grinding the lvl 55 balaur mobs with a drop charm for 20 minutes and have only seen 1 firm scale while seeing 20-30 solid scales/horns/skins which are basically useless and I have even stopped picking them up. Thoughts?

Edit: So I did a test with the last 20 minutes of my drop charm and picking up everything. Total was:
Solid horn - 6
Solid scale -1
Solid skin 2
Boiling Bloods - 16

Firm horn - 0
Firm scale -1
Firm skin - 3

After an hour of grinding lvl 55 balaur with 30% drop charm and 10% energy of repose

Solid horn - 10
Solid scale -9
Solid skin - 9
Boiling Bloods - 45

Firm horn - 5
Firm scale -2
Firm skin - 9

To put it into perspective you need 44 horns and 43 scales per weapon craft so at these rates I am looking at hours upon hours of grinding for one chance. I have 15+ failed blue-gold attempts for the greatsword and I may snap soon. Now this will get better with 3x drop buff but that will just make me not want to log in without it which will then mean I will lose interest and most likely quit.

Edit2: So I just tried to grind without a drop charm for the same amount of time and received more than double the firm mats than I did with the drop charm. I will need to test further as 20 mins is not a long testing time. I honestly do not understand the drop rate and rng in this game.

CAN WE AT LEAST MAKE THE FIRM HAVE THE SAME DROP RATE AS THE SOLID!

Last edited by Rando on Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:06 am; edited 5 times in total
Anonymous

Need better drop rate for firm mats Empty Re: Need better drop rate for firm mats

Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:54 am
I'd like to see Hot Balaur Hearts on the table instead tbh.
Anonymous

Need better drop rate for firm mats Empty Re: Need better drop rate for firm mats

Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:33 am
Why hot heart? I never had a problem getting them to drop grinding lvl 50 balaur but that only my experience? I would be fine adding them to the loot table but I wouldn't want to see more hot hearts than burning drop from lvl 55 mobs. I should be getting lvl 55 mats for grinding lvl 55 mobs.
Anonymous

Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:41 am
Because Hot Hearts (lvl40) are necessary to learn the crafts for the lvl50 materials which are the ones dropping from the 55 mobs. It doesn't necessarily mean we'll have less chances for other items if it's implemented properly, we've got lots of trash drops on game including some armor fluxes, MP manastones and of course the grey ones that serve no purpose. Either way the removal can be a positive thing, less space on cube.
Anonymous

Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:50 am
Just curious what lvl 50 designs are you trying to make, I didn't think any of the lvl 50 baluar crafted gear was relevant.
Anonymous

Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:59 am
It is not from a endgame point of view, but it's a stepping stone for new people who need a little push.
Anonymous

Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:31 am
Agreed.have firm balaur mats only drop from 51+
Anonymous

Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:06 am
Bump for depression
Anonymous

Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:17 am
Hello guys,
just to add to the discussion, while I agree for the drop rate of 51+ balic materials to get increased, there needs to be the same adjustments for the balic mats of 40-50 level(I think the situation is the same).
Namely, I have been farming balaurs for around 2 weeks for boiling bloods both with and without(yikes) the drop rate buff. The end result is:
1600 bloods
246 hot balaur hearts
40 wrathful will (40lvl craft mat)
17 maddened wrathful will (40lvl)
15 terrifying will (40lvl)
18 berserk terrifying will (40lvl)
26 violent will (40lvl)
9 fatal violent will (40lvl)
220 hard balaur horn (40lvl)
191 hard balaur scale (40lvl)
208 hard balaur skin (40lvl)
193 hot balaur blood stain (40lvl)
27 wrathful ego (50lvl)
10 maddened wrathful ego (50lvl)
32 terrifying ego (50lvl)
10 berserk terrifying ego (50lvl)
26 violent ego (50lvl)
17 fatal violent ego (50lvl)
228 solid balaur horn (50lvl)
182 solid balaur scale (50lvl)
182 solid balaur skin (50lvl)
No balaur hearts at all(maybe not dropping from all the pre 50 balaur mobs? dunno).
Now, you could say I have killed more than 5k balaur to get all those stains, and still there are enough greater materials to craft a maximum of 1 lvl 50 and 2 lvl 40 balaur weapons!
If we add on top the low population and the fact that seemingly noone(?) sells that staff on broker (do not know what the prices would be!), and the fact that many do not care about the lvl 50 staff and just sell any drops they get while farming blood stains on the npc shops, then there is almost no hope to create anything lvl 50 balic related.
Someone would argue, man just rush to 55 and get on with the game already, in which I would answer, I just want to play the game however I like(fk me right?). But as I can see, the same thing happens to the lvl 55 staff so it's a global problem lol!
And just a last thing, already sorry for the wall of text but while we are at it, could you please take a look at the drop rates of expert (blue) designs?(such as lvl 33 armors, lvl 40 and 50 weapons). Those things are almost non existent on broker and I doubt that many have dropped them and kept them for themselves(maybe I am wrong on that matter dunno).
Now there are 2 main reasons that happens. First (and I can't test it out really) is the low drop rate of such items off their respective mobs (or maybe some of them are missing from their loot tables altogether!). Second is the bugged treasure boxes. Back on retail, treasure boxes were the most common medium of acquiring expert designs. Here simply they don't work. Most treasure boxes in the world are lvl 18 and 40 in brusthonin, can't really talk about gelkmaros, and I don't remember getting anything from them ever, they were always empty.
IIRC, on retail each area had their respective level treasure box starting from lvl 10 and depending on the region you could see 20 -30 -40- 50 lvl treasure boxes that dropped expert designs, high lvl serums, pots, kinah and so on.
I know most of you only care for the end game staff and the pvp but there are some people who care about crafting, creating an economy and surpise surprise the pve staff! So, in the midst of "we need courage insignias", "more platinum-gold-silver medals from sieges-instances", "more pvp in gelk-ingg" threads, here , have a post that cares for something different and pve related. It blows my mind that literally I haven't seen any other post for such things and the only recurring thing is the pvp related suggestions(I am not against pvp for gods sake, I am only saying that the pve-economy portion of the game needs attendance as well)
So, there you have it, those were the things that hopefully the admin will take into consideration for fixing next. Terrific job for now on all things and fixes you guys have provided.
Sorry for the wall of text and keep on improving the server!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum