Welcome to official Aion Epic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Anonymous

Suggestions to improve server Empty Suggestions to improve server

Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:51 am
So i started about week ago and while mostly i like what im seeing there still is lot to improve
Biggest setbacks for me personally have been so far xp rate and few annoying quests that really have no place on private server
so here are few suggestions that might help improve server

- Increase base xp rate for server make leveling faster so we dont see our friends quit half way thru (I leveled up with VIp+100%+energy of repose+3xbuff and still found experience to be long and boring) Aion 2.7~4.0 community is much different than retail community most of us are older now and are playing this version because we know what it offers, most of us are working full time or some are in universities, so not everyone has as much time to spend on leveling and people tend to give up and move back to server where they already have max level account, also leveling isnt really focus of the game , endgame is so lets focus on that instead.
- Remove greater stigma quests. so this is unnecessary  quests itself take time because you have to do daily shugo quests to get quest items and basically for few days after hitting 55 you are stuck with 4 locked stigma slots
- Unlock flearstorm room in BT for everyone at all times , another quest chain that is useless at best i already have key but there is no need for it, it doesnt give anything else useful and mostly assassins are ones doing this quest because of flearstorm dagger
-Add NPC that spawns in capital cities every 2 hours or every hour for 30 minutes which will have 2v2 random arenas rewards would be courage/crucible insignias this will encourage people to log in more often also those who love pvp they will have something do every so often this kind of system was successfully implemented in Infinite Aion which before Retail went f2p and they decided to shut down server but this was most popular feature and people played just because of it
  -add log in bonus something for logging in for a week every day and each day rewards would be better but if you dont log in for 24 hours it resets or you dont get it for rest of the week

idea is to make endgame more enjoyable and remove unnecessary restraints
you might agree with some or might not but from my experience most servers have died because of no changes culture , i grinded for 2 months and you shouldnt get it easier attitude is what kills most servers while it might upset few already geared people it upsets even more newer people when they have almost no chance at catching up to vets , they look at Private server than they think how many months they need to be remotely close to other peoples gear and they usually give up without even trying.

also Great Job Devs for making this server, this is first time since Infinite Aion and than 4.6 retail that i feel like Aion is worth playing i would love to see this server adapt and change overtime and grow
Anonymous

Suggestions to improve server Empty Re: Suggestions to improve server

Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:58 pm
Yeah my experience leveling was awful. I admit the only reason I'm playing is because I'm in isolation and happens that I'm in vacation too so I really got nothing else to do.
Two of my friends already quit.
Without VIP I have spent over 2 weeks leveling.
Admins are quite active so there's hope.
I started with full energy but that has fallen through the boring leveling. This version was made when each server had 1k players online daily, with many people trying to level up, so in many quests (example, the campaign that gives you fabled wings) you basically rely on groups. Without my mates I found myself just doing coin repeatables to level and It felt just like the work I have just taken a break of: repetitive shit.
The sieges are nice and feel rewarding, plus the admins work on that. I heard they really fixed everything on arena and so on, and they do work on fixing bugs all the time. However, bugs shouldn't simply exist on the first place and the fact that they're being fixed simply won't hold the population. It takes more.
I seen the population decrease significantly during these 2 weeks and rightfully so.
Im yet to see PVP but on the other hand I've seen a lot of geared people already so it's probably not balanced. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be the same as 2.7/3.0 retail, that gear made a huge difference in PVP and the ones that didn't have simply couldn't compete. One of the achievements of 4.0 was to eliminate that with the BM gear, that made it simple to get basic PVP gear that allowed you to at least not get 1 shotted.
Overall, you should focus on the leveling experience and making sure the newcomers reach endgame without losing the "nostalgia" feeling. Once it's gone the person will simply uninstall your client. Once it becomes repetitive no one will want to keep up with it, because as the brother said above many are older players that already have their jobs or university, they won't simply waste their leisure time with it.
So, if you focus on endgame, promoting events for the endgame (i saw the other day the admin make a KOR event-obviously only for 55's) then make sure the leveling process is just faster and that in couple days you get there with basic gear. If you want to have the low lvls to go all the way through then maek their experience rewarding, let them get worthy drops that will be useful in the future and nerf instances so they can be done solo or duo.
Its hard and simple at the same time. Hard to review all the concepts you thought about on the making process of AionEpic but simple that once it has changed for the better you will see a big increase of population. Just take a look on these others pv's: that EU one that i forgot the name has an averable 1k daily player base.
Anonymous

Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:31 pm
EuroAion is the server you are talking about and their rates are 1x... sorry but i fail to see how you are not leveling faster. The only reason you are leveling slow is due to not actually playing the game. If you got 2 hours play time 10 hours jumping in sanctum/panda then that is not a server issue it is a you issue.

The server had its chance, Unfortunately it went from one idea to the next and now we are just playing who can socially engineer the admins to do what they want better. At this point they mite as well just turn it in to a dueling server like notaion because with every change it becomes less Aion and more notaion.

This is not to BM the admins either IMO this has been the best server i have played in terms of fixing bugs. I am impressed with things like skill fixes as most NA servers just leave them a hot broken mess.

Simply put the admins you wanted to emulate 2.7 and now we got a 3.0 end game map an over rewarding EC insane rates and to many tweaks that remove Aion from Aion. All NA servers end up doing this NOTAION failed we do not need a server that emulates notaion. All of these servers failed as well. You should of stuck to your vision not took every player idea and added it.
Anonymous

Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:39 pm
EuroAion is the server you are talking about and their rates are 1x... sorry but i fail to see how you are not leveling faster. The only reason you are leveling slow is due to not actually playing the game. If you got 2 hours play time 10 hours jumping in sanctum/panda then that is not a server issue it is a you issue.

Yes, you're right, I do have little time to play in my normal schedule, so does the majority of gamers. Only people who don't work or have no obligations (unless their job is actually with gaming) can play large periods of time.
I do not object the rate. As I said, the rate could very well be 1x, as long as the experience of leveling feel rewarding. As the brother said above as a low lvl you basically only get useless items and have nobody to group with (unless you got your friends starting with u) to do campaigns, run instances.  There is nobody in LFG. Therefore, you get no reward for doing nothing until lvl 50.

The server had its chance, Unfortunately it went from one idea to the next and now we are just playing who can socially engineer the admins to do what they want better. At this point they mite as well just turn it in to a dueling server like notaion because with every change it becomes less Aion and more notaion.

This is not to BM the admins either IMO this has been the best server i have played in terms of fixing bugs. I am impressed with things like skill fixes as most NA servers just leave them a hot broken mess.

I don't blame anybody either, I'm just being objective and saying what could change so the server can hold a more stable population.
Also I don't see how this comparison to Notaion makes any sense here. No, it's two completely different things. In notaion you could gear up to the max in two days, since the server's goal was to be an accessory server to retail for those who got tired of PVE and could spend time only PVPing. Of course players who only focused on Notaion got bored eventually and with the downfall of Aion Retail they were forced to quit - cause PVP can't be dissociated of PVE, and on that I completely agree with you. Drop rates, experience, difficulty, time, do matter, of course.
What im saying is that the work of a gamemaster should be directed to optimizing the player experience always. They should focus on the profiles of people who play the game and then act based on their experience. A good example of this are the incentives to the opposing faction. It's completely dumb to try to portray the actual retail experience to a population of 200 people (in its best days): even the ncsoft managers at the time of 3.9 wouldn't maintain the game the same way if it only had this amount of people. Think about that!
The main goal here should be to solidify the player base now, so the economy can stabilize. Right now the server has a very weak, close to non existent economy.

You should of stuck to your vision not took every player idea and added it.

Well, that's what opinions are for, so i'm just gonna ignore this.
Anonymous

Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:41 pm
The server is currently more like a slowed down NotAion than a sped up retail Aion. The leveling is boring and unrewarding like you said despite it not really taking that long.

EC gives you AP/Supplements/Enchantstones. It batshit easy and boring AF legitimate waste of peoples time.
Medals is just a waiting game.
One weekend you will have 100+ of each manastone if you play for 3-5 hours per day on the weekend. Obviously this will take longer if you can only play for an hour or 2. However in my experience i have met very few people who play an MMORPG for less than an hour or 2 so this is subjective of course.

One of the major reasons people craft is because it is a laid back method to making money to buy the materials they need to progress. The custom changes invalidated a reason to make Kinah so it removed the reason to craft for the masses.

EuroAion always has an economy despite it being overpriced at first because it was a means to make kinah to progress to buy the items you need to progress. People who farmed instances provided those materials+the content that is open world PvP for everyone because that is how they make money. You remove a single mechanic from Aion you ruin the reason to have a gear grind in the first place because everything becomes an annoyance at that time and feels less rewarding.

That is why i referred to it as notaion because right now we are playing a shitter version of NotAion not an improved version of Aion.
Anonymous

Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:07 am
I would’ve been fine with the server becoming closer to not aion for the pvp part. I mean if people want to farm skins and craft then let people do that but taking months to just get a pvp set? You’re killing me... The leveling was just beyond boring and so slow. Nobody has time like they use to and we need to remember this is a old ass game. Personally if i don’t see numbers going up at all then i’m just going to be one of those who just hops on for siege to collect the medal then log off. Been 55 for over a week and i just been walking around extremely bored. This server will most likely end up like the rest imo. It did have a good start on what it seemed like it. Also do admins even read these suggestions? I’m looking on suggestions that get posted but they seem to get overlooked.

Air pvp sucks btw.
Anonymous

Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:32 am
exactly what i said , people are against changes simply because they had to grind longer for items and now they dont want others to get same items easier even if it means loosing server population
if you watch any video made about why aion died or lost large palyerbase every single one of them are agreeing on one thing grind was too much for people and they decided to move on
most of the time i find myself spamming BT runs for hours and not getting a group together , because of how few new players are there , ones that are starting are discouraged by by leveling experience
And saying that i leveled up in 5 hours so you should be able too is just absurd, there are people who hit 60 in wow classic in 21 Hours and than there are ones who take 21 days to get to same level
Anonymous

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:21 pm
And to think this server has the potential to bring together Latins, which were many of the pop back in retail, brazilians included and all the other people who have playable ping and prefer the english language to play.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum