Welcome to official Aion Epic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Anonymous

List of issues and Suggestions organized and compiled together from different players. Empty List of issues and Suggestions organized and compiled together from different players.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:39 am
PVP Issues
A. In game combat bugs that make pvp unfun
B. PVP gear progression for new recent/new players.
C. Eye being more focused on group orientated pvp/"Gank fiesta" as said by some. Eye is pretty mixed among the community atm.
D.No PVP/new players staying away from pvp due to holding off until farming for a decent pvp set.
E. This can be in both PVE and PVP but a majority of players here prefer 3.x content over 2.x content. but there are issues with this as rushing to this version can just create even more bugs and frustration.

PVE Issues
F. The daily routine of doing the same set of instances daily get too repetitive/daily grind of ESO -> EC -> BT daily. Especially EC since the rewards are too good to not run it every day. PVE content to gear pvp wise is too group reliant/non-solo player friendly
G. This is mixed atm. Low level content being group focused/having to find a mentor for certain campaigns or quests can be tedious.
H. This can apply to F. but will put this here for clarity This server feels like a job, and you feel obligated to run EC since the rewards are too good and focused on this one instance.

List of Suggestions Matched up with current issues.
This can apply to B. and C. Make Blood Crusaders/Radiant ops. Quest system into daily reward system that rewards X amount of courage and crucible insignias for killing X amount of players in X areas. Also someone suggested a system like blood marks where new players can obtain a pvp set in 3-4 weeks that isnt a handout but something you work for that isnt useless the fabled arena gear.
This can fall under D. no pvp. Suggested by someone that a Recharger is implemented for duels/ hire a gm to make more regular pvp events since once a week is not enough for most.
This will apply to F. and H. Making EC into a weekly entry system so its much easier to plan out runs and not feel forced to go on a daily grind. or spread out the rewards and make it so EC can be optional and not forced into one instance.
Anonymous

List of issues and Suggestions organized and compiled together from different players. Empty Re: List of issues and Suggestions organized and compiled together from different players.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:09 am
PvP
A. Server came out 6 months earlier than it was ready to come out. Even in 3 months time we will still be having bugs that make PvP unfun so this is an issue that unfortunately can only be fixed with time.
B. PvP gear progression for new players i agree and disagree with. You only need faster gear progression if you do not want to play Aion. The P-server owners wanted a 2.7 emulated server not a super easy to gear up server where people sit in town and duel all day. I do think that something should be done but what? No matter what the options are it invalidates the GM's vision for the server.

C+D. Eye is 3.0 content not 2.7 it should of never been added now people just want 3.X more now than 2.X. The eye is a change that was made to suits the needs of the players not the needs of the server and the way it was implemented proves how out of touch with their own vision they really are.
Example: Where did people farm when the server first came out? The core for elder. After they nerfed the core where did people farm? Mobs outside fortresses then finally after they nerfed the fortress mobs where did they farm? The eye when it was added. Do you see a trend? They are invalidating previous grind locations for a better more powerful one to force all the players in to one place. All they done was create a place where people feel like they are being fed to the geared players who are not really that far ahead it is simply just how bursty this patch must of been. Let players decided where they want to PvP so when geared players do kill them they will feel like ohh i can go here now and grind and probably fight some people at my gear level. Often splitting up people creates a situation that is positive for the community as a whole.

Obviously that is all subjective based on the thought process of the player in question. Example: Aion 2.0 was all about playstyles clashing there was no safe haven no safe place for people to 1v1 duel so a change like this(Suggested by someone that a Recharger is implemented for duels/ hire a gm to make more regular pvp events since once a week is not enough for most.) would ruin my style of PvP i enjoy in Aion which is organic encounters.

E. With the addition of the eye my thought process of the server is...welp it is confirmed dead they are adding area's from the newer patch to stimulate artificial activity it is only a matter of time till they change their mind and add all the 3.0 content.

PvE
F. EC + high rate yellow items ruined the server period . Why do people on EuroAion and these other P-servers PvE? Mostly to get stones they can use to enchant their gear/sell. This in turn creates a situation where people craft and supply the server with consumables at reasonable prices. Epicaion however had no players traversing the world to content thus you had a very small chance of finding players and it ruined the PvP hot spots. People are running EC daily because it is too good you nerf it and anyone who just started running it gets pissed and quits because it is to good. By the time you get enough plats EC will give you all the AP you will ever need. ESO is good now for the plats but if you even 2 man it getting 1 medal a day if you split. BT pointless because EC will get you a better weapon faster unless you duel wielding or get super rng carried.
G. No opinion on this.
H. That is entirely a player mentality issue. You do not have to run EC every day...hell you do not need to run it every week but if you are that is you doing so out of fear of falling behind.  EC entrances should of been put in SC when it was added so players can camp it thus creating a situation of PvP to PvE like it was back in 2.0 days.

The ultimate reality of MMORPG's is that you need at a minimum amount of hours to play or you will never progress. Back during retail i was using 30e armor/accessories all the way to 4.0 because i simply was not on at the right times to progress and obtain medals nor did i always have the time to play every day. The point i am getting at if you are going to play an MMORPG and you have less time you will be behind. I get the game is old but the reality is if you look at other region's P-servers the only populated ones are the ones that emulated retail rates/mechanics because the ones that improve the game for those who have less time are those who no life the game.

To me there is no recovery for the server because it lost its original vision so speeding things up and adding things like a Recharger is the correct course of action because it improves the game for the current players and they may retain more players doing it like this as well. It comes down to simplicity at the end of the day. If you add changes that create situations that are not ideal to peoples play-styles then those players will leave thus ruining the MMORPG which is an accumulation of players with different play-styles PvP PvE or PvPvE.
Anonymous

List of issues and Suggestions organized and compiled together from different players. Empty Re: List of issues and Suggestions organized and compiled together from different players.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:33 pm
Leveling would be fine if the player knew he'd be able to get in some sort of action at endgame.

I'd suggest doubling the reward from upper forts sieges (medals) so players could get their 50E sets and already start piping. 50E isn't the endgame gear GBG is, therefore it wouldn't destroy the endgame grinding for plat/ap to maximize gearing, but at the same time give enough confidence for all players to engage in pvp action with few pieces they'd get in 2-4 weeks rather than one or none.

Make changes to fort sieges reward systems rewarding both participating factions even if they do not capture (more for those who capture, less for those who fail to). No one will attack a fort if they are sure to fail it. Sieges have been boring lately with the lack of balance the factions have during atk/defense/capture, regardless of the problem being either leadership, numbers, or gear. I'd even suggest lowering health of gates so factions would progress faster when attacking each other.

*Dredgion Commanders requires an immediate nerf on their health. Not because it is too much for the patch, but because of the lack of players to kill it.

Make players want to farm outer zones of gelk/ing and silentera to create more pvp opportunities for those who "rift". Eye is amazing and sure was the best location of 3.x but we are in 2.7, it was a mistake to add it. Making grinding/farm for gear to disenchant rather than giving them over in EC would activate broker, people would craft to sell consumables to buy stones to enchant gear, rather than self craft to run a very boring instance that handover all rewards.

If people have nothing to do when they finish w/e they have to do daily they'll most likely log out of losing interest in staying. If people achieve something they can go out and compete with they'll keep playing and grinding for the endgame gear while still having fun pvping when done with all the pve. Not asking you to freely hand pvp 50 sets but to make it so people achieve it faster to keep playing for the endgame gear. Players with pvp gear would most likely want to siege more, pvp more, contest more.
Anonymous

Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:00 am
the problems:
-the risk/reward of different activities differ too much: the safest activity (EC) provides the quickest progression, gathering/trading/crafting is not a viable playstyle to progress anymore since kinah is worth very little now and other methods of progression are way more efficient, pvp/running around in eye farming mobs/keys don't provide enough
-being better in pvp (whether by gear or skill) does not allow you to claim any valuable resources

my suggestions:
-add more resources in eye of reshanta: when i played in 1.x patch, being one of the strongest players allows you to safely farm balaurs to provide you almost everything you need; being a weaker player you can still access the farm fest, but in less desirable spots or more risk of getting ganked. there doesn't seem to be a universal currency in 2.7 (like boiling bloods in 1.x) so some brainstorming is needed here. maybe add mats into green chests to help the economy/crafting system too
-pve needs to be less time consuming: BT-EC-Eso  takes up 2 hours a day, another hour if you include udas/AS. yes, you should not be handing out gears, but this is just taking away from the time people can spend pvping. i definitely agree with increasing the cd's and rewards for every instance. twice a week for everything, with reset days possibly on friday and sunday, triple the drop rates (for non-AP dungeons maybe add a turn-in system where you can choose specific drop every 4 runs)

-i don't agree with getting a GM to organize pvp events more often though. pvp events should be something that feel special, happen once a month at most to give it prestige, and let the usual pvp stay organic (after adding the suggestions to incentivize world pvp), host too many events and people will just skip them willy nilly
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum